Do you want to grow your own food but the thought is just overwhelming?
Have you tried and failed?
Do you want to feed yourself and your family healthy local food, but don’t think you have the space or time?
If these are questions you have asked yourself then you are in the right place for solutions to your problems.
Creating a Permaculture Landscape allows you to grow a great deal of food with far less work than you could have imagined.
Permaculture Design includes an analysis of the natural variables on your property
- Wind direction
- Sun ascent
- Water sources
- Soil type
- Average frost free days
- Average rainfall
- Plants, trees, and shrubs already in place
It also includes the structural variables on your property
- Home (size, shape, windows, doors)
- Driveways, paths, and other access patterns
- Neighbors (social and structural)
Using Permaculture Principles your land becomes more fertile every growing season while increasing your yields. Creating groupings of plants, trees, and shrubs that work together both creates fertility and decreases human labor. Permaculture works with Nature and not against her, making life so much easier.
If you have read this far you are asking: What is Permaculture?
It is a way of gardening, farming, and being a human that incorporates
- Care of Earth
- Care of People (including yourself)
- Care of Future (planning for all our Earth’s grandchildren and beyond)
How do you put these lofty concepts into practice? You start with your own backyard.
The first thing you do is ask yourself what you hope to achieve on your property
- Food (how much of annual consumption)
- Some income
- A lot of income
- Land improvement
- Family stability
- What else
You also have to ask yourself how the development of your property fits in with your life or greater purpose.
After you determine what your vision is for your property, together we will
- Determine what you should plant based on amount of space, time, and desires
- What earthworks may be necessary to retain water where you want it
- Help you plant it
- Help you take care of it
At the end of a growing season you will have the knowledge to grow your own food. You will also be improving the soil beneath your feet.
Healthy soil = Healthy plants = Healthy animals (including us)
Together we will create a Permaculture Landscape that is nutritious, beautiful, emotionally satisfying, and a legacy for generations to come. You will feel the empowerment of growing your own food without worrying about any chemicals. Growing your own food and using it immediately after harvesting gives your family the most nutrition possible. You will guarantee your food is high quality and nutrient dense.
Give me a call to schedule your Permaculture Site Evaluation.Let’s Get Started!
SERVICES & PRICING
Your initial Get Started Growing Site Evaluation will include
- What growing methods will be the best for your situation and space
- Analysis, using Permaculture Principles, of the natural and structural variables on your site
- What food you want to eat, how to incorporate them into the existing landscape, and water sources
- How much time do you want to spend
- What do you want to leave for posterity
- Cost of your personal Site Evaluation is $125.00
Grow Your Own Food
- Site Preparation
- Earthworks to retain water where desired
- Create plant guilds that meet immediate and future food desires
- Design and erect any vertical structures needed for future plant growth
- Loosen soil
- Planting session – Hands in the Dirt
- Nutrient dense chemical free heirloom vegetables, edible flowers, and herbs sourced locally
- Shrubs and trees for 2 – 25 year production
- Plant cover crops and/or ground covers
- One-on-One or Family weekly Keep It Growing garden walks
- Go over what is happening in your garden
- Plant identification and what those plants tell us about your soil
- Identifying good bugs so you have allies in the garden
- What needs to be done in the garden this week
- What kind of “critter” issues you are having and developing solutions
- Celebrate what you have accomplished so far
- Unlimited emails and texts to answer questions about how to Keep It Growing
At the end of the season you and your family will have a very good idea how to grow your own chemical free nutrient dense food. We will also go over how to preserve the excess from your garden. A large part of the ethics of Permaculture include community, so we may look at organizations that could use your excess to feed those less fortunate in your community.
Educational workshops on Seed Saving for adults and children. These are all seasonally based.
Workshops on Food Preservation including:
- Pressure Canning
- Hot Bath Canning
- Drying Herbs
- Freezing Surplus Produce
Presentations on the fundamentals of Permaculture Design. Weather permitting these include basic site evaluation of host site and landscape suggestions to increase soil fertility and retain water where desired.